The Learning Consortium (formerly Derbyshire Learning & Development Consortium) was established in 2000 to support Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations across Derbyshire to develop and deliver high quality learning and development opportunities for their staff, volunteers, clients and learners.
The Learning Consortium provides information, training and support to members and the wider VCS throughout the East Midlands on learning & development policy, practice and quality assurance to enable them to engage fully with the learning & skills agenda. In order to offer that support we play a key role in representing voluntary and community based learning provision at local, regional and national level. We are a specialist member of SInC (Social Inclusion Consortium) who have a voluntary & community sector representative on the D2N2 LEP board.
- Widen participation in learning across the VCS and increase personal achievement for the most disadvantaged through learning and skills development.
- Remove barriers to learning by supporting, encouraging and promoting equality and diversity across the VCS
- Encourage, enable and support Partnerships, strengthening the VCS through learning and skills development.
- Promote the role of the Voluntary and Community Sector in developing new learning opportunities and represent VCS provision to local, regional and national agencies.
- Provide information, training and support to members, and the VCS, on learning & development policy, practice and quality assurance to enable them to progress as individual learning organisations and engage fully with the learning and skills agenda.